Coby and the team he is with have landed in Uganda as of 11:30 am this morning after flying the friendly skies for 24 hours. I'm assuming he doesn't have service in Uganda b/c he spent some time hunting down a device that would allow him to skype us from the airport and hotel. I received a text from him from someone else's phone saying that they were very tired and were going to bed and didn't think they would have the opportunity to contact us for a few days. I am relieved they have landed. I am sad though. I didn't realize I would feel this lonely. Because of the 2 weeks we spent away from our home a couple of weeks ago due to the fire, I decided to stay in Frisco. My mom is coming up Sunday through Tuesday and my friend, Sara, is coming up for a day or two next week. I had plans to meet a friend at the Snowcone Lady's hut but had to cancel b/c of Sophia's strep. We should be able to go to play time and dinner with other wives left at home tomorrow night. I think it will get better. I'm not going to lie though, I have to lay my fears down constantly. My mind wanders.... You know, it's not the safest place in the world!!
Last night, I didn't sleep. Sophia coughed, a lot, Cora woke up for some strange reason and wouldn't go back down, the timer on the oven went off at 3:00am (remember, it's a new oven), the wind blew so hard that it shifted my house and made a loud noise and woke myself and Cora up once again. My alarm went off at 6:00 accidently and by the time I sortof got back to sleep at 6:30, all 3 girls were up and ready to begin the day. So I am looking forward to sleep tonight and a much more peaceful day tomorrow.
Read John 17:13-21 and pray that for my husband. Thank you for praying for him and supporting this trip. I believe any time we give financially, pray for others and the gospel, etc that we are storing up treasures in heaven. So for that, I can't wait for you (whoever you are who reads my blog) to receive your eternal treasure for praying on behalf of my family and this trip!
Friday, April 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment