Thursday, May 6, 2010

Sudan - the rest of the week

I've talked to Coby about 4 times since he has been gone and they have been short conversations.  I am so ready for him to be back.  I talked to him this morning and there was an excitement in his voice.  They had ended their day and were going to get ready for bed and head back tomorrow which will be around midnight our time.  They baptized a lot of folks in the river near the mango tree and I can't wait to hear his stories.  He said that he is having a difficult time processing it all.  I'm jealous I didn't go.  But honestly, I felt like my heart was there with him.  I don't have much to say here b/c i haven't gotten to talk to him that much.  Go to www.facebook.com/prestonwoodym for pictures.  They are amazing.

The girls and I have had a pretty good week.  My mom came up Sunday through Tuesday and lets' just say I took full advantage of her being here.  I did physical therapy for my back twice, had an eye exam, took Ava to dance w/o having to haul the other 2 around, bought a bunch of baby stuff to replace those items that were deemed unrestorable due to the soot of our small kitchen fire, got my hair highlighted and cut, took Ava to her CLC Mother's Day tea w/o other 2 precious girls, grocery shopped, went to Lowe's, planted flowers in front yard flower beds, etc.  Then my sweet friend Sara and her little Kate came and stayed Wednesday night.  She helped me with laundry, cleaning the kitchen and watching Cora while I took the other 2 to CLC.  Plus, it was just nice to spend some time with her.

I have the cleaning ladies coming tomorrow.  I want everything to be perfect when Coby gets home.  The girls and I are going to make him his favorite cake.  I called the lawn guy who trimmed our trees a few weeks ago to mow our yard so it would be nice for the hubby when he got back. And he told me that he is going to mow our lawn for free b/c it was the least he could do for someone who was sharing Jesus on the other side of the world.  Imagine that!!! There are still wonderful nice strangers in the world.  :)  So, if you need someone to mow your yard, call me.  I would love to send business his way!

Good night!
Sally

No comments: