What a wonderful scene at DFW airport yesterday as I stood with 4 other moms and their double strollers as we waited patiently for our husbands to walk through the doors. The first dad walked out straight to his family and I couldn't help but tear up as I watched him walk intently to his family and embrace them. To say there was a seriousness in their demeanor is an understatement. We were so proud of our husbands, excited to see them and anxious to hear the stories behind their changed expressions. I have cried off and on the past 24 hours as I listen to the stories and evidences of the power of God working in Southern Sudan. Before Coby went on this trip, I was fearful, now my heart is tender to this precious group of people. Hopefully, Coby will get on this blog and document some of his experiences and feelings.
To say that my husband is a changed man is an understatement. I heard it in his voice the few times he called me near the end of his trip. I definitely saw and felt it as I hugged him for the first time at the airport. And sitting on the couch last night hearing more stories, I knew that he would never be the same and for that matter our family as well. As I sat on the front porch steps late yesterday afternoon watching him play with our girls, I cringed at the thought of what if I had talked him out of going b/c of my fears or had been a road block in this adventure. I would have hindered an amazing work that God had planned to do in his life. I'm so thankful Coby went and am sure that another trip is in his/our future.
Sunday, May 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment