Friday, April 9, 2010

Blessings

I had to decide if I was going to keep my blog and actually begin posting again or do away with it.  I decided to keep it.  I have journals for all of the girls that I write in sometimes, but this is the easiest way to document our family life.  I hope to have it printed off for each one down the road.  How cool that there is a website that you can go to that will publish your blog for you!

So now I continue to document our eventful week here in Stephenville.  Hopefully, someday we can laugh and see God's blessings as well.

Some highlights of our week in Stephenville...
-Sophia made me a bd cake out of playdough w/2 crayons serving as candle. She walked in the bathroom while I was getting ready one morning singing "Happy Birthday".  BTW, my birthday is in August.
-The girls have gotten to feed the cows their "cowcakes" every day. They love this!
-Ava got scared of the cows' moos.  This was so random for her b/c she has been around the cows every time we come to Stephenville.  So I told her that was the way the cow says, "hello". So now, every time the cows moo Ava says, "hello" right back to them. 
-Sophia got her head stuck one morning in the slats on the stairs and I could not get it out!  Finally, I just shoved as hard as I could and hoped she would forgive me.  She did.
-Ava and Emmy have been role playing Mommy and Baby all week. 
-Last night, Sophia busted her lip wide open and even got some of the inside of her mouth stuck in between her two front teeth. I almost took her to the ER b/c I have been anxious all week and panicked once again.  She is going to be alright.
-Cora began to sit up like a big girl and has been a champ for her mommy all week.  Thanks, sweet pea!
-The girls and I had a picnic outside today for lunch.  The birds sang to us while we ate.  Then the girls got to swing on the tire swing.  It was lovely.
-My amazing husband sent a beautiful bouquet of flowers yesterday despite the fact that he has probably had a harder week than me.  He doesn't oversend flowers to me, but they always come at the right time.  I am overly excited about seeing him tonight!

I have learned a lot this week about the burdens that my anxious heart tries to carry.  These are not burdens meant for me to carry, but meant for me to open handedly give them to the Lord.  I have hated being fearful and worrisome all my life and have greatly envied those who don't seem to have a care in the world.  So that, my friends, is one of the greatest blessings this week - learning to trust God and let go of fears.  I have been very fearful at night staying here by myself, but God has quieted me with his love and I have slept pretty good.  The girls and I have gotten to enjoy this beautiful springtime weather and have enjoyed our country living at Tootsie and Pop's.  Prior to coming here, we had some great, quality time with my mom and step-dad in East Texas. My sister-in-law and brother-in-law, Julie and Josh, have come over several times a day to help me.  We have taken turns eating dinner at each other's place and they have helped me get my girls bathed and in bed almost every night.  This has been a HUGE help.  Coby has gotten to stay at Jake's apt and had some quality time with my brother.  They have gotten to eat out at fun places and watch a lot of sports on tv.  Not to mention, it sounds like they have had a lot of just good conversation about Jesus.  Our fire restoration contractor and state farm adjuster are both STRONG BELIEVERS!!  I think this is the most amazing thing.  This little experience could have ended up costing us a lot of out of pocket money, but they have more than taken care of us and it has been very easy working with them.  The painters are going to be painting all night to ensure that we will get in our home sooner than later. I also got to pick out new paint colors for our home, a new oven/stove top, and a new microwave.  Are you tired of me yet??  Just wanted to remember what God has done in our lives this week. I am also just very, very thankful for friends who have emailed or called to check on us.  It has meant so much.  I hope that Coby and I have learned during this how to be a good friend when someone else is going through a minor inconvenience as we are. 

My brother, Jake, sent this verse to Coby last week and I have clung to it since. 

"Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds, for you know that the testing of your faith produces steadfastness.  And let steadfastness have its full effect, that you may be perfect and complete, lacking in nothing."  James 1:2-4

2 comments:

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

So I don't know why but my google reader didn't show me you had new posts! But oh my gosh I am so sorry for that awful fire, but so glad you are all ok! Going to write you a quick note on facebook soon, but I'm glad you guys are home and safe! Love ya

Debra said...

Sorry I just checked this! I have been thinking of and praying for you, but just haven't called in a few days since the boys have been sick. I hope you had a fun weekend with Coby being there. We missed y'all at the party and can't wait to see y'all once my boys are well and you are back home.