Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Updates

Last Wednesday we went to Mt. Pleasant and then drove to Stephenville last Friday and have been here since.  It looks like the sum total of our displacement is going to be a good 2 weeks.  This puts us as potentially being able to go back to home sweet home either next Wednesday or Thursday.  I am very sad about a lot of things and realize how addicted I am to comfort and my lifestyle.  But I will write again about all of God's blessings in this.  I need to share b/c God's hands are all over us.  On top of the many, many blessings, He is refining my heart in ways I'd never thought.  There is a lot of junk in there (my heart).  Please pray for my girls.  Ava is especially aware that there was a fire in our home and that we are away from dad. She keeps asking when we will go back to our home. (being able to play with Emmy and Lucy everyday has brought her much joy, though).  Please say a prayer for me.  I have had the girls most of the time by myself since Coby is having to stay in Dallas with my brother so he can go to work.  I miss him and it is just hard taking care of the three of them all the time w/o his help.  We are also preparing ourselves for his trip to Sudan in a few weeks where he will be gone for 10 days.  Tears come easily right now.  On a very good note, we are getting a new stove top/oven and microwave.  And I get to pick all new colors of paint for our home.  And this has to be done by tomorrow!!! :0 

1 comment:

Olson Family said...

Just read your blog about your kitchen! How scary but so glad you are all okay!
A while back Erik and I asked Coby to give us the 'scoop' on Courtney Bruner because my brother had just started to date her. Now they are getting married in Stephenville in June:) Small world. We love her and her family! My brother told me he met you. That was my grandfather preaching..I think he is the interim pastor now at FBC Stephenville. Love seeing updates on the girls. We can't believe how much older Sophia is looking! Of course she still has a special place in Erik's heart after she was in our nursery class:)