Friday, January 18, 2008

Beyond Blessed

I have to admit that on Monday I was a very scared mommy!! Lots of tears have been shed this week, but there has also been lots of laughter and lots of prayers of gratitude going up to the Lord. I think the fear experienced on Monday had a lot to do with Ava's reaction. She was very distanced from me and I was sad. But as my mom said this week, "Ava having a sister is one of the best things that could happen to her." I am happy to say that as the week has progressed, so has her love for Sophia. She has begun to shower Sophia with kisses and hugs and has started to take care of her. Yesterday, I announced that Sophia had a poopy and Ava went into my bedroom and brought me a wipe. She is already learning to take care of her younger sister. Sophia is such a sweet baby and so easy to take care of anyway. Coby and I are so appreciative to our moms who have cleaned our house, fed us, taken care of us and our babies and just been here for support and encouragement. In Matthew 5 Jesus says, "Blessed are the poor in Spirit for theirs is the kingdom of heaven." I looked up "poor in spirit" in my commentary and it says those who are needy and dependent on the Lord. Boy has that been true this week.. I have never felt more vulnerable or needy. BUt the Lord has been my strength!!!






8 comments:

holly said...

what a precious family you have, sally allen. we are so happy for you and so glad ava is adjusting well!

coneandmo said...

So sweet! Congrats! ~Michele :)

The Drama Mama said...

So, so sweet, Sally! You have a beautiful family! And I am pretty certain that little Miss Ava and Sophia will be the best of friends...what a blessing! That last picture is priceless! Praying for your family!

Anonymous said...

Oh Sally! You are so precious! Don't worry hun, all those reactions and feelings both you and Ava are having are all so normal. You are a wonderful mommy, and things will continue to adjust as the days go on. It's always hard at first for a toddler when the craziness of a new baby in the house begins. But everything evens out as it sounds like it is now. You and Coby are going to have so many sweet, beautiful times ahead watching your little girls bond in the wonderful relationship of sisterhood. Praying for you all. Thank you God for such awesome grandmothers!

Ashley said...

What a beautiful addition to the Allen Family! Ava is going to be such a sweet big sister! Kaelyn & Shae can't wait to meet little Sophia!

Marc and Charity said...

Oh Sally, I remember thinking those exact things when Bailey was born. Cerys was 18 months and she would not even sit near me on the hospital bed. It got better once we got home, but it still took a while. I cried and cried and cried some more....so if it helps, your totally normal my friend! That first month or so of having a newborn and an 18 month old were HARD and many tears were shed- from all of us! lol. you're doing great!!!

Owner said...

Congratulations on the newest Allen family member!! What a sweet home full of girls! Be careful Coby!

Shanna said...

Sally,
Your little Sophia looks just like Ava did when she was born. Two cute little ladies! :)
I've had so many days where I've felt like that. It's good that you're being honest about it, that's so important!!
The Lord is always so good to give us scriptures that meet us right where we're at. Praise Him!