are just a few of my favorite things... Call me a bad mom, but I took advantage of my daughter's new obsession with Dora the Explorer this morning. Ava and I had a few appts. today at the hospital. We had to preregister before my appt. with Dr. Wells. We got to the hospital at 9:30 and left at 12:00pm. Everyone seemed to take a long time today. But I'm not complaining b/c Miss Ava was an angel due to the items mentioned in the title. So we are set. Tootsie is coming in tonight to take care of Ava in the morning and Aunt Ju Ju will keep her during the day. Coby and I will be at the hospital in the morning around 8:00am. We are excited and very ready. Very ready is really just an understatement. I have not been a good pregnant woman this last month, just ask my husband. So I think tomorrow cannot come any sooner.
Many friends and family have asked us what our little girl's name will be. Contrary to the fact that Coby and I are the biggest planners on the face of the earth, we still do not have a name!!! It is driving me crazy. I have to push the blame on him to a degree. My husband has been picky,picky, picky. Anyway, we have two names that we like (one that has been a frontrunner for a while and a new one that I decided on the other night when I couldn't sleep). I have a favorite and he is to let me know TONIGHT what his favorite out of the two are. His reasoning was that we didn't need to decide until we saw her. My reply to that was, "Do you want our baby to be welcomed into the world by hearing her parents arguing in a heated debate over names???" I don't think so. We will announce tomorrow. Let me also say that even though my husband has been picky with names, I cannot end there. He has been my gift of grace. He has gone above and beyond his call of duty to take care of me and Ava after long days at work. He has been compassionate, loving and sensitive and I count it the greatest privilege to be his wife and embark on this new journey with this man. I am thankful!
Any time such a life changing event happens there is some degree of fear and some degree of excitement. We are ready. We feel blessed. I just want to praise God for expanding our family. He knit this baby in my womb and knew her name before time began. So I bow my heart to HIM for his good and perfect gift. Thank you Lord. I have a few verses that I want to share that I will claim today for the tomorrow.
"For I am the Lord, your God, who takes hold of your right hand and says to you, Do not fear; I will help you." Isa. 41:13
"...He gently leads those that have young." Isa. 40:11
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:13- 16
How precious is our Lord and how perfect is His word.
Thursday, January 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
We can't wait to hear from you tomorrow! We'll be praying for you. What an exciting time!
Thinking of you and praying for you! Can't wait to hear the news!! Looks like I'll be there Monday, unless things change on my end.....bummer I'll most likely miss you at the hospital.
-Jenna Dunham
YAY for baby Allen #2! Erik and I will pray for you guys tomorrow. Hopefully the name discussion goes well tonight:)
So....what is the verdict? It is the 11th!!!
Don't keep us that are out of town waiting too much longer:)
Post a Comment