Saturday, September 29, 2007

Fall

We had to go to Colorado to find fall. It was glorious!!! The weather was beautiful and cool, the leaves were changing, and the mountains stood proud underneath the bluest skies. We went with Coby's family and had a wonderful time. Ava traveled well thanks to prayer and a new DVD player! :) We got to visit a quaint little town called Creade. It is an old mining town tucked in between some mountains. I sat on the porch often and just read while enjoying the beautiful painting the Lord painted for me! Coby got to enjoy some good ole fly fishing with his brothers and dad. I love that about him. He is so outdoorsy and adventurous. He brought his old waders with the thought that he would teach me to fly fish. 24 weeks pregnant with a very curious toddler?? No way. Not this trip anyway. Next time we come alone, I would love to go hiking and learn to fly fish too! There is so much to do!! :)

the cabin
Ava and her Daddy

I had some really cute pictures of Ava and her cousin Emmy, but they would not copy well onto this blog, probably b/c I was trying to copy them from shutterfly.
Anyway, we got back from our trip and it has been a whirlwind of a week. I had Bible study on Tuesday evening, worked Wednesday morning and then I don't remember anything after that. You know how it is when you have so much on your mind?? We have so much to do to get ready for Ava's little sister that Coby and I feel like we are running in circles. Yesterday morning was play group. Lots of fun!! We did go out to eat last night at La Hacienda Ranch. It was delicious!! This morning I had brunch with some friends. Today I am keeping Miss Ella. She and Ava are both napping right now which is why I am blogging. :) Mamie and Poppy stopped by to see Ava for a bit. And Coby left for a meeting at church. Somehow in all of that we cleaned the entire house.
AND right now, our good friends Josh and Jenny Cobbs are at the hospital giving birth to Miss Caroline. We cannot wait to meet her!!
I thank the Lord for family, friends, Bible Studies, new babies, mexican food, and His beautiful creation!!

4 comments:

Shanna said...

You are precious Sally. I'm so glad that you were able to enjoy that time. :)

The Drama Mama said...

I have to tell you how precious Ava is. I volunteered in her class this morning...so sweet! Towards the end she was getting tired and she wouldn't let me put her down. I really had a hard time leaving! This was the first time I have spent time with her and it was such a joy! She is absolutely beautiful!

The Cobbs said...

Caroline loved her visit from Ava in the hospital... oh, and Cooper did too:-)

Melinda Denton said...

I was in Ava's class too! Were we in there together?? LOL! Love your precious angel!