Thursday, August 2, 2007

The Bird Bath

I turned 33 years old yesterday. It was hard to swallow. But I remember sitting in church on my 30th birthday sad and blue about the by gones of yesterday and the Lord reminded me, "Sally, haven't I been faithful to you every day of your 30 years?" Yes, He has. And now I can add 3 more years of faithfulness to that. So I hope that I can live my life seeking every opportunity to be faithful to God. There is a lot of time before me and I am excited about it!

I woke up feeling kinda glum. It could've been that it was 5:00am and I was on my way to the gym to work out on my birthday and pregnant. Do I get a pat on the back for that? I think so... But when I got home, my sweet husband was making me waffles, eggs and bacon. He could've stopped there b/c I was very happy at this point. Then he brought me my gift: a bird bath. This may sound strange to some of you. I was not expecting a gift at all. A few months ago, I had relayed to him that at some point I wanted to start having a big girl garden. I have done pretty good with my flowers this year thanks to all of the rain we have had this summer (they usually die by July b/c I forget to water as much as I should). I wanted to start collecting some permanent fixtures for my garden. I wasn't even thinking bird bath. But my husband is creative and spontaneous at times. He has his ways of surprising me. I am so excited about this bird bath and I just can't explain it. Here is a picture:

My mom came down for the day and to spend the night. So mom, Ava and I had a delicious lunch at Cheesecake Factory and finished it off with their Godiva Chocolate Cheesecake. I won't even describe the magnificence of this dessert.

Sweet calls from friends and unexpected cards in the mail made my day. Kelley dropped by. Then Coby and I took off for dinner at Babe's Chicken House in Carrollton. You may think this is strange for a girl to want to go there for her birthday. But don't forget that I grew up in the country and this was right up my alley. I was in the casual, simple mood and boy, was it good. I had a plate of fried catfish while my husband enjoyed a plate sized piece of chicken fried steak. We had fun. I had some birthday money and wanted to spend a few moments in peace strolling the mall without having to think about Ava's nap time or feeding schedule. So I dragged him off to Willow Bend. Too bad that I couldn't really afford anything in that mall! I did find some maternity pajamas and some Bath and Body works stuff. I'll save the rest for an emergency day when I need an emergency shopping trip.

It was a beautiful day. I am glad that I got to spend it with my mom, my daughter and my husband.

"For great is your love, reaching to the heavens;
your faithfulness reaches to the skies." Psalm 57:10

5 comments:

holly said...

Such a fun birthday for such a spectacular person! Can we come over soon and see your garden?????

Amy said...

Happy birthday!

Ashley said...

Hope you had a wonderful birthday Sally!

Marc and Charity said...

Hey Sally, don't think I've ever commented before, but I do look at your blog every so often. Hope y'all are doing good, and congrants on your birthday and baby number 2! Get ready for some crazy/fun times! :)

The Cobbs said...

What a wonderful day, Sally! Happy Birthday!