Saturday, June 28, 2008

Updates

It has been a wonderful summer so far. I have not kept up with the blog like I have wanted too. There always seems to be so much to do and yet I'm also trying to order my time well with things around the house and spending time with the girls and enjoying every moment with them at this incredible stage.

All 3 of us went to Vacation Bible School last week. The girls were well taken care of in the nursery. Ava asked every day if we were going to "chuch" and I got to tell her yes. She loved it and came home singing new songs. The girl loves to sing!!! I think her teachers were a bit smitten with our little songbird. They said she sang all day and kept asking for more songs. :0 I love it!! I enjoyed working and was thankful for the opportunity to serve since our church provides daycare for the workers. I got to work with the preschoolers and tell them stories. It was a blessing.

Some things going on in our household... Ava: 6th ear infection since April. Ughhh!!! After meeting with the ENT, it has been decided that she will need her 2nd set of tubes put in and her adenoids taken out. He informed us that Ava is in that 10% range of kiddos who have tubes and need them again. She will have this surgery July 25. We are thankful that something can be done to help her feel better!

SOPHIA IS SLEEPING THROUGH THE NIGHT!!! YEAH!!! After many sleep deprived nights of going back into her room to give her her paci, we decided to let her cry it out. I have read many books, consulted my pediatrician, and followed the path of most of my friends. She cried for an hour and a half the first night, whimpered for about 10 minutes the 2nd night, and then VOILA!!! Last night she slept from 8:00pm until 6:30 am. Coby and I felt like new people this morning. Can I also just say that I prayed last night before bed too that she would sleep all night?? I know that God is not opposed to his children pleading for some good rest!! :0

Coby is working Habitat for Humanity today with our Bible Fellowship Class. He loves to get his hands dirty and he loves to serve. I was glad he was able to get out. As for me, my first tennis game was reschedule for tomorrow evening. Then I will play again Tuesday night. Coby and I played last Saturday and well, I won't say who won, but let's just say my confidence was boosted! ;0
Pictures to come soon! :)

2 comments:

Jenna said...

Sally:

Great news on Sophia sleeping through the night and giving y'all much needed rest!!! Hopefully, Blake will follow in her foot steps SOON. :)

Sorry to hear about Ava and the ear infections. Keep us posted on her surgery. It was fun to play with y'all at the splash park!! :)

-Jenna

Anonymous said...

Great to hear Sophia is sleeping through the night now. Now you can get some much needed rest.

Such a bummer about Ava. I don't really understand it either. Candi still has been getting ear infections often since her tubes..less but still...i thought that was and end to it. I'm glad she's going to get it all taken care of. I'll be praying for you guys.

Love the changes on the blog.