Monday, June 4, 2007

An Interesting Day

Ava and I began our morning with a call from the 911 operator asking me if everything was okay. Yes, Ava called 911 this morning. Unfortunately, the police officer also had to show up and check on us. Frisco policy, they say... That is fine and understandable. I apologized profusely to both the operator and the officer. I know they have much more important ways to spend their time. Ava no longer has phone privileges. So don't expect any calls from her any time soon!

The past 3 1/2 hours today have been spent at the hospital. We had our 2nd appt. with Ava's pediatrician today. She has had fever for 9 days. Because there are no ear infections and nothing else we can pinpoint causing the fever, we had to do tests: a catheter (urine sample to test for a urinary tract infection) (by the way, not fun at all!), a CBC blood sample (I had to lay on top of her to keep her from moving. Even worse than the catheter), and an x-ray. All 3 of which made Ava and her mommy both cry. We will find out tomorrow if there is anything to be concerned about. Dr. Mobley is just being cautious for which I am thankful. He thinks Ava looks healthy and acts healthy. I am praying that tonight we will all sleep through the night and that she won't wake up with a fever. I am praying that whatever it was is gone. Nothing makes a grown woman act like a baby like her own baby being hurt. But we are home now and Ava is napping after the exhausting day. And tomorrow is a new day! :)

I am adding to my post. The dr. just called and Ava has a urinary tract infection. The reason I am happy about this is because now we know how treat her and get her better. This definitely is treatable.

3 comments:

Lathan, Lauren, Logan, London said...

Poor Ava...glad you got some answers though!

Mathis Family said...

Can't say we haven't been through our share of tests. They are traumatizing for all involved!!! Good thing Ava's so young, she'll never remember it. Hope she's feeling better soon!

Debra said...

Awww, so sorry to hear about everything! We are praying for you all to get rest and for Ava to get better real soon. About the 911 call - lately I have been noticing that Keenan gets really close to pushing those very numbers on the phone and it has become my worst fear!

Debra