Not to get too sappy (since I did that in the previous blog), but it's my child's birthday and I want to thank you all for helping us along the way. We are so thankful for parents, brothers, sisters, friends who have helped us raise Ava. Some of you gave encouragement when it was needed most and many of you women friends out there assured me many times that yes this was normal. Boy, how I needed to hear that a time or two. I needed you to tell me that she would start sleeping better and that your child went through phases of not eating very well too. It helped. Thanks also for loving on our girl! I am pretty sure she loves all of you right back.
We had the party today. Mostly family, a couple of close friends came. We wish we could have invited everyone we know, but the budget would not allow. We had a nice hamburger cook out with some cake and ice cream. Ava's daddy made the most amazing video to celebrate the past year. It was a sweet time, a sweet celebration.
As we begin another year, I am a bit sad at the realization of how fast time truly does fly. It doesn't seem like a year and how did she turn into a big girl? No longer a baby, but always my baby. Our strongest desire is to teach Ava to love Jesus with all of her heart. If that is all we accomplish in this life then that will be enough. She is our legacy and she will leave a legacy. It will be passed on as it was passed on to us. We hope to embrace every single moment with this precious child of ours. And laugh a lot throughout the years to come.

2 comments:
It is hard to believe how fast they grow up! She is so cute! Where did you get that precious cake?
Okay, how did you get the black and white photo with the cake in color? That is SO cool! I LOVE the birthday cake too! Happy Birthday sweet Ava!
Post a Comment