Thank you for praying for my family so much lately! I feel grateful and humbled by so many of you who have continued to ask about my mom and sister. My mom is slowly but surely getting better. She is still weak, but continues to improve. My sister and her family are living with my dad currently and are looking for a new home to move into.
This morning, Ava Claire had tubes put in her ears. I am so thankful that this can be done because I have not liked keeping Ava on antibiotics for the past 4 months. I do not like that fact that her body can build up a resistent to antibiotics for being on them so much. So Coby and I took our little angel to the hospital at 5:40am this morning. Fortunately, Ava was excited about this unusual "outing" that we were going and was giddy all morning until about 7:00am when they carried her off down the hall away from her mommy and daddy. Even then, she did not cry. However, 15 minutes later was a different story. I have never heard such emotion from the child when we met her in the post op room. Coby and I were somewhat panicked even though we were warned that she would be disoriented and this would cause some fussiness. Fussiness??? You call that fussiness?? We thought it to be more like hysteria. And it did indeed cause our little hearts to break at the awareness that we could do nothing to calm our little girl down. Fortunately, 40 minutes later she was beginning to gather her sorts and we were on our way home. Maybe Miss Ava will be able to say, "Mama" now that she can hear better! :)
Friday, May 4, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
I'm so glad to hear that the surgery went well...hopefully Miss Ava will feel better now! Glad to hear your mom is doing better too. Pneumonia is a tough thing to get over. We're still praying for her.
I'm glad everything went well. Katelyn has done prtty well with tubes although she still had an ear infection about 2 weeks ago and after the drops didn't work, she had to take antibiotics again. I hope Ava is past all of that now!
Post a Comment