Tuesday, February 13, 2007

8 Months Old

For the first few months of Ava's life, she just hated baths. She would scream and scream. Now bathtime is one of her favorite things to do. Since she can sit up, she just splashes and plays in the water. She has a few squirt toys to play with as well.
Yes, we are on the verge of crawling. Coby and I think that she has already crawled a few times. She can definitely get from point A to point B in a heartbeat if the incentive is good enough. She just rolls, scoots, and pulls herself whichever way she wants to go. I can't believe it is already time to safety proof the house!
We rarely get Ava's cute facial expressions on camera because she always gets distracted by the red light that flashes first. So that is why her looks are always the same, the look of bewilderment. We turned the red flash off here and got a little bit of that beautiful smile that we see so much. Ava is a hearty giggler and laughs and smiles often. Noone ever thought I was that funny, but my baby sure does!
Church wore her out. Sometimes it is hard being a baby when your parents drag you off to church for a 3 hour stretch and you miss that nap that is needed so much. Watching the other babies can be pretty exhausting too! So much stimulation.
Ava once again got caught taking a nap. Of course, this nap was taken after having 5 bottles and 28 oz. of formula in one day on top of her 3 big girl meals. Ava is finally taking a bottle at all feedings, solely taking formula, and eating lots and lots and lots. Eating and drinking this much can wipe a girl out!

8th MONTHS OLD
I wanted to let you know a few things about Ava at 8 months old. First of all, her disposition is so sweet and loving. Coby and I just love her content and happy attitude. She pretty much just goes with the flow. She is however, beginning to throw a few temper tantrums when she doesn't get her way. I think this is a testing thing. She always stomps her foot and then looks at me to see if I notice. I just pretend that I don't! :) And then I turn my head and laugh.

Ava has 2 teeth, lots of hair, and a growing belly.

She is beginning to crawl, pull up on things (reason for us having to lower her bed), hold onto toys very well, give slobbery, open mouth kisses, say "BAAA BAAA", whistle, make lots of pretty music with banging pots and pans, pull her bumper pad down to peer through her bed to see if anyone is near, and play peek a boo.

4 comments:

Allen Family said...

I love it! Ava is just adorable! I can't wait to see her again!! I can't believe she is already 8 months old. Josh and I (and Emmy too!!!) can't wait for her birthday bash! So much fun :)

Mom N' Dad said...

Coby and Sally, I just saw your blog today (got it from the Dixons' blog). Ava is just GORGEOUS! I am excited your are sharing stories and pictures through this blog so everyone can keep up with your beautiful little girl. Brandy and Chad Cranford (allieandbrooke.blogspot.com)

Mom n' Dad said...

Coby, having a girl(s) isn't that bad...even when we did get to use the "Buy one - get one free" coupon! Now don't quote me on this when they are 16 and wanting to car date! Ava is beautiful...When you going to teach her to hunt?
Chad

Tootsie said...

I absolutely love checking up on Ava....and especially reading about what she is doing.! Naturally, she is PRECIOUS. We love you three.

Tootsie