Thursday, February 22, 2007

Compassion

Coby and I have been talking for some time about supporting a child through www.compassion.com. We have heard about this organization various times through different messages. I heard this organization mentioned again the other day when I was listening to a Matt Chandler podcast. In a world that is so selfish and greedy, we desire to teach Ava compassion for others. The only way she will learn this is through serving. We are hoping we can find a child that has the same birthdate as Ava. One day, we want to take our child to another country to meet the little girl that she has helped feed. Jesus said about serving, "For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me... ' I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'" Matthew 25: 35, 36,40

No comments: