Saturday, August 1, 2009

35 Today

It is very hard to type the number 35. But that is my age as of today. Normally, I think I would be sad about the age promotion. But not now. I am about to be the mommy to 3 precious girls. That totally trumps the age sadness that I might feel. It has been a pretty uneventful day, but when you are 36 1/2 weeks pregnant, uneventful is good!

Ava is away for the weekend camping with Tootsie and Pop. Now, I did cry for 3 straight days this week not ready to let her go. But she is having a good time and we have talked a bunch. Sophia has totally relished in the fact that she has mommy and daddy all to herself. Her little personality has come alive and we are thinking we have a daughter that we didn't know about. Coby, Sophia, and I went to dinner tonight to celebrate my 35 years and we had a wonderful evening.

I love birthdays b/c you always hear from your loved ones. I am so blessed. I was even awakened this morning to fresh bagels from Einstein bagels on my doorstep from Kelley. Even though it feels like I should still be 25, I am glad that I am not. I have gotten to see God's goodness over the years and am so thankful that He is not finished with me yet. Coby and I were talking at dinner about what the next year looked like for me. One focal point will be to learn how to have 3 girlies and be the best mom ever to them. But I also hope to be more gospel focused in the next year. Time is short and I want others to know Christ. He is life. I am also realizing how selfish I am. THis next year, I pray God helps my sinful heart become more selfless and focused on other people. I love Phillipians 2:1-11. Oh that I would always consider others as more important than myself!!

I am beyond thankful for my husband, girls, family and friends. The precious relationships in my life are more than I deserve. Thank you, Lord, for your faithfulness to me these 35 years.

5 comments:

coneandmo said...

Happy Birthday friend! 35 isn't so bad, I've been there. :)
I can't wait to hear about #3. She and Ashlynn were supposed to be closer in age, but Ashlynn decided to come a little early. We'll have to get together after she's born and I'm all healed.
Take care! Enjoy what's left of your special day.
:)

The Drama Mama said...

Seriously?!...35? NO WAY! You make 35 look EASY AND REAL GOOD, WOMAN! I am thinking about you! Can I do anything for you (when your new addition arrives, I will add her picture to your header!)? PLEASE let me know if I can help in any way! HAPPY BIRTHDAY, friend! Love & HUGS!

Ashley said...

Happy Birthday, Sally! Hope you had a wonderful day celebrating!! Can't wait to meet the newest addition!

Olson Family said...

happy birthday! You will be the best mommy to three PRECIOUS girls!!! SO FUN for you:) I'm jealous of all the cute clothes you'll be able to dress them in! Boys are no fun in that area:)

Hope yall are doing well!

Chad & Amy said...

Bon Anniversaire!

Can't wait to hear about baby #3 :)