Wednesday, July 1, 2009

Destin, Florida 2009

Yesterday at Bible Study, our teacher said something about finding your passion in life. Often times, I am a bit envious of the creativity of my friends, or smart people, or those that I know who are good athletes, etc. But yesterday I realized that my passion in life is being a wife and a mom. I LOVE IT!!! It seems that every day the word family takes on a more special meaning. I memorized Proverbs 31 last fall and am mystified by the fact that God gives us women clear instructions on how to be a wife and how to be a mom. I am thankful.

My parents took all of us kiddos and our families to Destin, Fl last week. WE had an incredible time. Coby and I enjoyed watching our girls play in the sand, swim in the pool and drag their feet where the waves appear. It was so much fun!!
The water was turquoise blue!
Sophia loved the beach! She would lay stomach down on the sand. Most of the time, her face was covered in it!

Sophia was a brave little girl. She would ease her way up to where the waves came in so she could get her feet wet. She kept wanting her daddy to take her out in the water.

Yes, I am getting bigger and bigger by the day!


The girls loved playing in the sand under the canopy!




Ava had a bittersweet relationship with the ocean. She preferred hanging out by the pool.



Pretty Princess


Miss Sandgirl!


Ring Around the Rosy

Sisters

Family Picture (and Ava is showing her panties, nice!)

Jake, Allison, Lance and Ronnie are enjoying the outdoors.

Olivia played with Sophia in the pool.

Coby spent a good portion of the time in the pool with the girls. He definitely helped refine Ava's swimming skills that she learned the week before in swimming lessons. Now she is a little fish!


















6 comments:

Chad & Amy said...

Looks like you guys had a great time. Love Sophia's sandy face picture. Your girls are so beautiful. Can't wait to see who this next princess looks like.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Glad you had such a great time!

coneandmo said...

Cute! Looks like you all had fun! :)

Cole and Christy said...

So fun! Where did you get the girls cute dresses?

Coby and Sally said...

Christy, My sister-in-law gave the girls those dresses for Ava's birthday. She bought them at Walmart and then had them monogrammed. I thought that was a good idea! :)

Allen Family said...

What fun...and the dresses look great on the beach!!!