Our sweet Sophia has changed our lives in so many wonderful ways. I think the undeniable truth is that our lives are richer, better, and happier because of her precious life. She is talking and walking, eating lots and playing, sleeping great and happy when she is awake all of the time. Sophia is such a loving little girl and right now she is very smittened with her daddy.
We had such a good day yesterday celebrating her birthday as a family. After church and naps, the four of us took cupcakes to the park for a little family time. We came home and began taking baths and getting dinner ready. Sophia was sitting on a stool and fell over and hit her lip on the edge of the opened dishwasher. It immediately began gushing so we took her to the Acute Kids Urgent Care only for them to send us to the ER at the Children's Medical Center in Plano. She definitely needed stitches and she needed to be sedated to get those stitches. Neither of the girls had eaten dinner and they were getting tired as well. Since Sophia had eaten the cupcake at 5:00, the doctor didn't want to sedate her until 11:00pm to avoid unnecessary vomiting. Ava is hungry and tired at this point too. Our sweet friend, Jenny Cobbs, came and picked Ava up at the hospital and brought her home to feed her and put her to bed in her own bed. Coby and I were so thankful that our little Ava was being taken care of. Unfortunately, we had to hold a very hungry, thirsty, tired and bleeding Sophia from 6:30 until 11:30. It was not fun!! Coby had to hold her down while they put the iv in. Sophia received 3 or 4 little dissolvable stitches. We got home around 1:00am and she is still sleeping this morning at 8:00am.
I sat in the lobby for a little bit and fought the urge to cry because 1) a lot has gone on in our household in the past month and a half and I wanted to have a pity party and 2) our little baby hurt herself and we could not immediately fix it But then a woman from our church walked in whose son has neuroblastoma and right now a bleeding ulcer in his stomach and God quickly put things in perspective for me. Instead I found myself praying for her and him and healing.
I also pondered how much there is to be thankful in this situation....
-God protected Sophia from hitting her eye
-the cut is a very straight cut along her lip line and will therefore not be noticeable
-my husband held her all night. I am so blessed to be married to such a sensitive, caring man who is very hands on with his family.
-There is a new Children's Hospital right down the road from our house.
-Friends who will drop anything and come and take care of our kids. There is no price tag on this.
-My family is healthy.
-6 solid hours of sleep. We could have been up all night with nausea, but we weren't.
I told Coby that that makes 2 of Sophia's birthdays that we have held her in a hospital room while she cries. Anyway, we have a lot to be thankful for.

7 comments:
Poor Sophia! Jenny called us last night and Emmy said a prayer for her cousin's new boo boo. The ER is no place to spend a 1st birthday!!!! Kiss that baby girl for all of us.
I am so thankful little Sophia wasn't hurt any worse, and you are all home resting now. You were all in my prayers last night.
Love,
Georgette
Sophia is so blessed to have her Daddy and Mommy and big sister to love her. And we are blessed because she is in our lives.
Pop and Tootsie
BLESS HER LITTLE HEART!!! It seems that we missed each other by one day (Sophia celabrating her 1st birthday, Ky celebrating her 2nd birthday in the ER). Praise Him that it all worked out....your family is truly blessed! HUGS!!
Awe poor little thing! That's not a fun way to spend your birthday! I love how you always see God though. Through it all He was with you and will always be. I hope that she is having a better week this week,
Take care!
Michele :)
Sally, I cannot believe this! I hope she is feeling better and you are all on the upside! What an awesome family you have.
Awww, poor birthday girl. I'm glad she's ok though!
Post a Comment