Monday, March 16, 2009

The Going On's Around Here!

I'm pretty sure that my lack of blogger enthusiasm has lost any readers that I had. Nonetheless, there is a lot to catch up on. I have no excuses, because I have after all made it a matter of priority to watch American Idol every Tuesday and Wednesday evening. If that can make my schedule then so can this. Facebook has become a new love, however, the newness is wearing off and so here I am.



My days have been very busy with the girls. The house chores get done every day, meals are cooked, laundry is cleaned and folded, errands are run, the park entertains us along with books, library days, picnics with friends, CLC, etc. When the girls are down, I am usually reading a book, watching AI or Life On Mars, or cleaning poop out of the bathtub (I'll explain later). I am finding that we are very busy with the basics. Sadly, I have not been very good about keeping up with pictures, albums, blogging, etc. I see things that my crafty friends do and get inspired, but that is as far as it goes. I am going to get my sewing machine out of the box this week and just look at it. Maybe that will inspire me some. I have the material and pattern to make Ava an apron. Soon, maybe soon.



Sophia: She is now 14 months and has been walking since 11 months. So she is now an expert walker. She keeps me on my toes because her main objective each day is to see how much of the house she can explore. Sophia laughs, dances, kisses, talks, sings, claps. And by singing I mean that she mumbles words when we sing. She says Daddy, Ava, Amen, dog, woof woof, tee tee (can you tell we are potty training Ava?), hold you, eat, elmo, book, and many other things. She definitely has her own unique personality even though she adores her sister and follows her around. Lately, Sophia has decided that it is fun to poop in the bathtub. She does this EVERY SINGLE NIGHT!!! I finally caught on and started bathing the girls at 4:30 and before dinner. This has helped some. I've never cleaned a tub so much in my life! She sleeps 12 hours a night and still takes 2 2 hour naps. This makes for a happy baby. You should see her when her daddy gets home from work. She just gets plain giddy!



Ava: I can't believe that in a a few short months this child will be 3. We have had our behavior challenges, no doubt. But at the end of the day, Ava is just the sweetest little girl you will ever meet. She is definitely a leader, but she is a leader who loves. She cares so much for others and has so much compassion. Ava also still has that excitement for everything. She loves her Sophia and takes good care of her always. Ava is into dancing, cooking reading, drawing, cleaning, and playing with friends. She also has 5 Bible verses already memorized. Go Ava!! She loves to encourage others. Eating is not her favorite thing to do, unlike her sister. But she is getting there. She is almost potty trained. There is a chocolate bunny waiting for her the day she poops in the potty. Now I know that you are not supposed to bribe your kids with food. But I just don't care!! :0



Coby and I: We are making some changes around here! Healthy changes that is. Coby and I have started trying to take better care of ourselves thanks to the motivation from a few people. You know who you are. We are almost 35!!! So whole wheat, fruits, veggies, organic, walnuts, spinach, salmon, smoothies, omega3, yep!!! Our diet has changed some. Mr. Jim's and Pei Wei, we're sorry but we're limiting your visit to our house! We are already starting to feel better. We also just got back from a weekend away without the girlies to Fredericksburg. It was glorious!!! I have to say that we decided a long time ago that we would take regular trips with just the two of us and it has been good! In all honesty, we rested, read books, drank coffee by the fireplace, shopped a little, but just enjoyed each other. I was sick and slept a lot too. We stayed at the Chuckwagon Inn in Fredericksburg. It is a family owned bed and breakfast in the country with 5 cottages. Ours was just precious! The gourmet breakfasts were delicious. We also ate at a restaurant called the Cabernet Grille that was divine. Tootsie and Pop took good care of our girls while we were away. We figured that 3 babies might be too much to leave with the grandparents so we needed to get this trip in! :0 And by the way, we have a sonogram on March 27. We will know soon whether there will be 3 girls in this family or 2 girls and a boy! We can't wait!



Life is good here. There are days where I think this stage in life is very hard. I realize that 10 years of being single left me selfish! But there has been more joy in my life than I ever imagined. My days of being a stay at home mom are filled with lots of laughter, some tears, but more love than I deserve. There just isn't anything better than being a wife to an amazing man and being a mom to these precious girls. Busy times, crazy times, chaotic times, best times!!

8 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Your family is just precious...I love reading updates! Congrats on your newest addition hiding in that little tummy of yours!!! I can't wait to hear if Ava and Sophia will have a another sister or a brother...that is so exciting! Praying for the rest of your pregnancy!

Chad & Amy said...

Thanks for the update...your faithful readers check your blog regularly for you updates and have been missing you!!!

I'm sure life is crazy with all you have going on. It sounds like you are having fun!

I'm glad you and Coby had the opportunity to get away. Praying for you guys and your new little one. Keep us updated!!!

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Glad to see you are doing well. Can't wait to see your growing tummy:) See you this weekend!

The Cobbs said...

I've been checking for updates....so I was excited to see what you wrote:)- You always express this stage of life so well!
Josh wants to know if Coby will still be able to pick up Dunkin Donuts on the way to work?

Coby and Sally said...

Jenny, Dunkin Donuts and Chickfila breakfasts are cut out. HE hasn't gone in almost 3 weeks! THis is progress! :0

Ashley said...

Yea, you're back! I've missed seeing what y'all are up to! Can't wait to see if you're adding a precious boy or girl to the mix!

Marc and Charity said...

Hey Sally, I have been meaning to tell you I got your bows!!! THANK YOU! I sent you a card, I hope you got it!

I can't wait to hear about your sono!!! You better let us know on the blog okay?

I'm jealous of your get-away, we have not had one since Cerys was born...but we plan to next year when we are home for 6 months! We are going on a vacation and leaving the girls with my parents! I can't wait!!!

You are right, this stage of life is hard! :)

Allen Family said...

Can't wait for that sonogram! So much fun!