Monday, December 29, 2008

19 Months

In just a few short weeks, my baby will turn 1. I wonder where the time has gone, but am so thankful for the beautiful first year of life that Miss Sophia has had. She should get the award for the easiest baby of the year. That is what she has been. Sophia laughs, plays, and eats. She loves her family, especially Ava. I often catch them wrestling each other! Is that not hilarious?? She has taken 7 steps at a time just this week. Some of her words are "eat", "Bye!", "Hi!", "Ava", "Amen!", "Mama", "Dada", "Pig", "Woof woof", and "Meow". She will literally eat anything. She is very predictable and stays on her schedule pretty good, but does not get easily flustered when we have to throw her schedule out the door. I love her!

When she was born last January, Ava was exactly 19 months older than Sophia. At first, this age variation did not seem like it was big enough. Ava was still a baby and needed me so much. But now I can see that it was perfect timing. They play so well together. Ava teaches Sophia so many new things. It is just how it was supposed to be. Coby and I had talked about a 3rd child in the past, but were not preparing for this new addition to our family any time soon. God had other things in mind, however. Sophia will be exactly 19 months old when she welcomes her new sister or brother into this world. How beautiful! Our family is growing and we are Oh so thankful, surprised, but thankful! I know my little Sophia will be just as good of a big sister as Ava has been to her. She has had a good teacher. :)

8 comments:

Sophie Belle's Mom said...

What wonderful news!!! Many prayers for an uneventful and enjoyable pregnancy, a healthy baby, and for 19 months being the magic number for your family again!

(On a side note: the Allen families sure seem to have their very own baby boom going!)

Ashley said...

Congrats, Allen Family!! That is so exciting! Ava & Sophia will make such wonderful big sisters! We are praying for y'all!

Cole and Christy said...

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!! I can't believe it, that is wonderful! We are so excited for you all! You and the Koubas are staying right there together with kids. I can't wait to hear how the transition with three is, we want a third too.

The Cobbs said...

Time for round three! As Josh says, "The more the merrier!" We predict another girl:)

Marc and Charity said...

Congrats! What fun! 5 weeks away from my due date with number 3 right now and feeling rather anxious! how in the world do you balance 3 kids?!?!?! :)

Ashley said...

Congratulations! Ava and Sophia will be wonderful big sisters! Blessings!

Chad & Amy said...

How exciting! It seems like just yesterday that you were expecting your first:) Now you have 2 beautiful girls... and another suprise on the way.

I don't think I'll be catching up any time soon...haha.

Brittany and Charlie-Social Butterfly said...

Congrats Sally! We were just talking about this...lol I am so happy for you!

Brittany