Tuesday, December 2, 2008

To Be Thankful...

We spent last week in South Fork, Colorado with Coby's brothers, their wives and kids, and his parents. It was a very memorable week. A few downs were just lack of sleep and the girls getting sick. Sophia actually has RSV but we are all recuperating from that. Other than those two things, wonderful memories were made. Coby and I got a chance to ski, ride 4 wheelers up a mountain, hike, drink coffee up on a rock after hiking to the top of a small mountain or hill, fly fish (Coby only), and explore thanks to my mother-in-law and sister-in-law watching the girlies. Before marrying my husband, I was not exactly what you would call an adventure seeker. But thankfully, he is working on that and I find myself doing many things that actually I am terribly afraid of. Riding the 4wheeler was supposed to be just that. Riding the 4 wheeler for a few minutes with my husband. WE didn't even take helmets. Well, it turned into a drive down the road to Park Creek Trail where we drove 4 wheelers 10 miles up a mountain with no side rail (and no helmet), and ice on the road in some parts. Coby actually had the nerve to tell me (very seriously, I might add) to help him watch for bears. BEARS!!!! Can you believe that? After I calmed down a bit, I actually enjoyed myself. There were no cars, no houses, no nothing out there. Just the mountain and us. Well, Caleb and Kristy went as well, thankfully. But had I not ventured out, I would've missed the glorious view, the winter Colorado smell, the stillness of the air. My girls had so much fun playing with their cousin, Emmy. Uncle Caleb and Aunt Kristy also provided lots of entertainment.

We have so much to be thankful for. The best things in life are not possessions or money or status or things, they are family, friends, laughter, moments in time. I could tear up just thinking about the constant joy that my husband and girls are to me. Every day is a happy day and a day filled with love. I know that it is because of Jesus. There was a day that He redeemed me. Because of his redemption, I am different and my blessings are many. Blessings overflowing so much so that there is almost not enough room for them. Thank you, Jesus!

Coby in his Cardhardt overalls with his girl!
Sophia and Aunt JuJu
Uncle Josh and Emmy playing dominoes with the boys

Uncle Caleb, Coby and Ava, and Pop

Cousins! My Sophia just didn't like the cold that much!
It snowed about 4 or 5 inches on THanksgiving Day.
Ava couldn't resist!












2 comments:

Allen Family said...

We had a great time with all of you in Colorado. It is so very nice to get to spend such quality time with the girls! Can't wait to do it again!

Hope you all feel better really soon :(

Ashley said...

Looks like y'all had so much fun!! Love the snow pics!