Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Fall Fun at the Arboretum

Mamie missed the girls so much that she decided to come to the metroplex for the day to see her girls. Dirty diapers, missed naps, feeding schedules, bottles to make, and traffic all made our trip to the Dallas Arboretum a challenge. But spending a beautiful fall day with Mamie amidst gorgeous flowers and pumpkins made the trouble all worth it! We ordered food from a restaurant on site and enjoyed an outdoor picnic. Sophia was more interested in eating the flying dead leaves than her meal and Ava preferred to eat her lunch walking around the grass. : ) I took hundreds of pictures and got a few good ones, but not as many as I'd like. The reason being is that shortly into the picture taking a little Miss Priss two year old started pointing her finger at her mama saying, "No more pictures!!" She is a sassy little thing. Sophia only got her picture taken a few times because as you can see from the photo below she was more interested in a bottle and a nap.







2 comments:

Jenna said...

Cute photos Sally! We're planning to go out there tomorrow with my mom. Here's hoping my 3 year old lets me get some photos of him! :) Oh the days when they just sat and smiled for the camera!!

-Jenna

The Cobbs said...

We're going tomorrow, too - I should be packing our lunches instead of reading blogs:) I wish the arboretum was 25 minutes closer!