Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Daddy Day Camp

This past weekend my husband and 4 of his friends took their firstborn children to Duffau (near Stephenville) for the first ever daddy/kiddo campout. When Coby mentioned this to me a few months ago I was quick to reply absolutely not. But ya know, Ava is his daughter too. I always knew that this day would come. Just didn't think it would be so soon. So I let go, and off they went. I think the weekend was a success. I will post pictures soon and maybe Coby will give a recap since I wasn't there. But I have to say that as they drove off I realized that these 5 dads were so trustworthy and I had nothing to fear. Coby called during the day as they were driving one of the kiddos around to tell me how much fun they were having. Right before the phone service went out he was able to inform me that there was a big bull snake in the chimney on the outside that he couldn't catch. Click. Phone service gone. So even though bull snakes only eats rats, I was up all night worried that somehow it might find its way into the cabin and into Ava's pack n play. :0 That didn't happen. Around 12:30 am a thunderstorm came through. But they rode it out. I am so thankful for daddy's that love their kiddos so much and want to give them new experiences and spend time with them. Yes, there were a few risks. But everything in life has risks. The memories and experiences are priceless.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

That is so great...what a great dad! I'll bet Ava had a BLAST!!!

The Drama Mama said...

I am the SAME way!! Robbie still talks about all of these crazy adventures that he and Kole are going to go on and I quickly say NO! It is hard to let go!

I'm so glad they were able to do that...so neat! And I'm sure the little break with only one baby was nice for you!! :)

The Henrie Family said...

Okay, Shane "forgot" to tell me about the SNAKE!!! YIKES! Some part of me is glad I didn't know until now...I wouldn't have slept either.

The Cobbs said...

Cooper's mommy didn't hear about the snake either!!

Melinda Denton said...

Uh oh, it looks like Coby let the snake secret out!

Ashley said...

how fun! i bet they had a blast! can ryan join in next time so i can have the house to myself? ha!