Sunday, July 22, 2007

It's Been Awhile...

Uncle Bob, Sally, and Ava at the hospital
Ava is playing hard at Mamie's


Well, I haven't posted in a while. I feel bad. It has been somewhat busy. I worked a week at church, then spent a few days with my mom in Mt. Pleasant. There is so much to catch up on.

First of all, Coby and I celebrated our 4 year anniversary on July 12. I can't believe 4 years has gone by already. I also can't imagine being married to anyone else but this man. I prayed for a long time for God's best for me. I decided along the way that I really didn't know what was best for me. When I met Coby, I realized that God does answer prayers, He does love us unconditionally and want the best for us, and His plans will always far exceed what our plans could ever be. See Ephesians 3 :20. It has been 4 years of adventure, joy, and happiness. I LOVE being married to Coby. I admire everything about him. He is the same man at home that he is everywhere else. If anything, I see a side of him that noone sees and can testify that he is always a man of integrity. I love my husband!

Then, Ava and I spent a couple of days in Mt. Pleasant. We got to put up peaches and make armadillo eggs with Mamie ( my mom). (Armadillo eggs are a stuffed jalepeno appetizer. You stuff them with cheese, surround them with a sausage/bisquick mixture, role them in egg and Shake and Bake, then bake. Serve with hot sauce. They are a good appetizer and sure to give you heartburn!) It was so much fun. We also went to see Uncle Bob in the hospital. He had surgery and is doing great. Mom, Ava, Debbie (My cousin), and I went to eat lunch which was also a fun treat.
Friday night, Coby and I had the Crum's and Schott's over for our regular every 3 month "China Party". We decided when we got married that we were going to get good use out of our china and crystal. And by golly, we have. It is so much fun to host a party and eat on the good stuff. I love my china, but found out recently it was discontinued. How sad... But maybe that will increase the value?? I don't know. But we enjoyed our dinner and good friends.

Ava: My little angel is walking!!! Yippee! Well, she is taking anywhere from 5 - 10 steps at a time. She gets so proud of herself when she does this and has to sit down and clap for a bit. Of course, we all clap and cheer with her. I will post pictures later. She is so much fun! I just can't even describe it. She is saying dada, diaper, dog, flower, bird, woof woof, bottle, thank you, uh oh, but still no mommy. WE work on this everyday and I am confident it will be spoken soon. After all, I was the one who carried her in my womb for 9 months and gave birth to her. I do not know or understand why diaper beat mommy out, but it did. :0





No comments: