Monday, November 3, 2008

Election 2008

Tomorrow is election day. It will be a historic event. I am one who is happy that we have come so far from the days of slavery that an African American man can run for president. I hated those days. I still get sick to my stomach at the thought that there are still some out there who are ignorant enough to think they are better than others b/c of the color of their skin and seek to hurt and even kill those of the opposite race. The days of slavery are days that I will never understand. Something else that I do not understand is how our country can allow innocent babies to be murdered and say it is because they are not yet life until they are out of the womb. I also don't understand how Christians can ignore this issue any longer. Where has the issue of abortion gone from this election? It has rarely been discussed. For me, the abortion issue trumps every other single issue in this election. The Bible says in Psalm 139 "For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth, your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Is that not enough? When I had a sonogram of Ava and then of Sophia and SAW their beating hearts at 8 weeks in the womb, was that not enough? What about all of the women who have had an abortion only to be left with emptiness and pain? Is that not enough? I will keep praying for this election. When this election is over, I will support and pray for whomever is elected and I will not let bitterness root up in my heart. But right now, my heart cries out for God's sovereign plan and will. And tomorrow night when I lay my head upon my pillow, I will know one thing: My God will still be in control! "Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me. I, even I, am the Lord, and apart from me there is no savior. I have revealed and saved and proclaimed - I, and not some foreign god among you. You are my witnesses," declares the Lord, "that I am God. Yes, and from ancient days I am he." Isaiah 43: 10-13

1 comment:

Jenna said...

VERY well stated Sally! I too have been praying that Christians will not let other issues rise above the lives of innocent unborn babies and vote to protect them.