Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have so much to tell that I have not reported on. Pregnancy with a very active toddler is very different than pregnancy with no kids. It has been exhausting at times, but we are making it! :0 We are in the process of getting Ava's big girl room ready and moving her to a daybed. I have been a little nervous about it, but I think she will do just fine. This morning I caught her putting all of her little babies and stuffed animals on a blanket to go "night night". That is what she said to each one of them, "Night, night." Is there anything sweeter? I love this age. She amuses us so much and continues to bring so much joy and happiness to our family. I also am realizing that I didn't realize how difficult parenting would be. I think that I thought if we raise her right she will be just perfect and never mess up. However, I forgot about one little thing... our true sin nature. Boy, has it come out!! (Hers and mine!) It reminds me of so many things, but mostly how patient God is with us when we sin. None of us are perfect and we can't raise perfect kids, but oh we hope and pray that she falls in love with Jesus at an early age.

Some things I am thankful for this year:
-my salvation - i am reminded daily that without Jesus I would be nothing. Without Jesus I would have no hope, no permanent home (heaven), and no joy. I would be a mess. But He saved me and loves me and there is no greater blessing on earth!!

-my husband - i prayed for God's best for me and God answered. I'm still not over it. Marriage can be tough at times, but I am so glad I get to experience life with Coby Allen. He is the best thing that has ever happened to me aside from my salvation. He is the greatest man I know.

-my girls - I get to be the mommy of TWO precious angels!!! The joy Ava has brought to my life and the great anticipation of our sweet baby not yet born are beyond words. I take my role as their mommy very seriously. They are my contribution to the world and I will invest everything that I know to be good and true into these little girls. I get to prepare them for life!! Thank you Lord!

-my family - the older i get the more I appreciate where I came from and who my family is and how it has expanded. They are so cheerful and happy and full of life and laughter. So much of who I am is because of my mom, dad, stepmom, stepdad, uncles, aunts, cousins, brothers, sisters. And then I was blessed with the most wonderful inlaws on the face of the earth. They just added to my blessing.

-friends- I get to raise my girls alongside wonderful friends. We get to learn together, laugh together, make mistakes together. And oh, it is so much fun!! Playgroups, Bible Studies, lunch dates, parties... and just good ole conversation have made being a mom so much easier.

-church - I love my church. I am learning so much about reaching out to the lost world through my church. I am challenged to be a better person and loved for who I am. It has been a wonderful journey being a part of Prestonwood.

It is a great time of year to be reflective on all that we have been blessed with. I hope you and your family have a great Thanksgiving!
-

No comments: