Friday, October 26, 2007

Bad Day Turned Good

It was a bad day. My baby has been sick since Monday with a high fever. We have gone to the dr. and are waiting it out. The fever should subside by today, which it mostly has. Not only that, but 4 molars are breaking skin right now. Now I don't know how bad this affects most kids, and I may be using it as an excuse b/c frankly, I don't know what else to blame it on. But my child, was NOT herself today. And I mean that in all love. I felt like I was watching somebody else. She wouldn't eat, take her fever reducing medicine (just spit it out), she wouldn't even let me change her diaper. Instead of compliance, she threw herself on the floor in fits. Sometimes she would just lay there, and sometimes she would scream it out. A couple of times, I looked up and she was sitting ON TOP of the breakfast table!! On TOP!!!! Another time, it was the coffee table. My Ava is normally sweet and calm. To top off the day, I was already crying when she climbed upon the couch and dove headfirst over the side. All I saw was her head turn as she hit the corner of the rocking chair. My heart stopped beating. I picked her up (not wise, I should've have waited in hind sight to see if she could move) and grabbed my keys to take her to the ER. I just knew this could not be good. As we are walking out the door, she is screaming but she is also turning her head. I watched her for a few more minutes. No bleeding, no stiffness, just crying but even now she is calming down. Oh my! I called Coby for the 2nd time that day bawling hysterically b/c 1) i've never been so scared in my life 2) i'm so thankful, so thankful she is okay 3) i'm just ready for him to get home. It was a bad day. But my precious husband came home with these! And then I started crying again. :)

7 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

Oh, Sally! I am so sorry to hear about Ava...poor baby! She is such a sweet girl...she must be feeling really bad!! I am praying for healing and comfort for sweet Ava! And a stress free, relaxing day for you too! Praying for all! Hugs!

ps...Way to go, Coby with the flowers! Such a sweet gesture to show you care!

Michael & Valerie Harris said...

I hope that Ava is feeling better soon and that days like today are few and far between. If there is anything we can do for you guys, just let us know! Pretty flowers, though!

The McAdams' Family said...

Ava must be feeling really bad. Poor baby. Everyday is a new day and things will get better:) What a sweet husband to bring you flowers. I will be praying for you this weekend.

Mom N' Dad said...

Poor Ava! And poor you! You just feel so helpless when your babies are sick! I hope Ava is feeling better very soon and that you guys have a peaceful weekend. What a sweet husband you have too :)

Amy said...

Aw, how thoughtful of him. I love it when husbands know just what to do :)
Glad to hear that little Ava is ok.

Hillary Kouba said...

Not fun! I have been blaming a very fussy Katelyn on the teething too and since it's worse than normal I'm going to go ahead and diagnose it as her getting her molars too but I don't feel anything back there...:(

Shanna said...

oh Sally.. I'm so sorry about that yucky day.. but I have to admit that I've had several of those myself. You are not alone!!
I'm glad to have read that the next ones were better.