Saturday, April 7, 2007

Did you say "root canal"?

My dentist is Dr. Cal Nunnally. He is a fraternity brother of Coby's from Texas Tech and a previous roommate. You might think that this would be a reason that he would not be my dentist. However, Cal is a great dentist. He owns the Dental Depot in Dallas. This morning around 8:00 a.m. I heard those dreaded words that I needed a root canal. I was planning on taking advantage of the fact that my husband was at home and I could go get a pedicure or go to the mall. But instead I spent the first 4 hours of my Saturday listening to a drill and smelling my teeth burn. Yuck! The numerous shots of pain medicine seemed to work b/c I did not feel pain. I did feel lots of tugging, pulling, sticking, pressure, etc. But no pain. I can't say that I want to do that again, but if I have to have it done again, I will go to Coby's longtime friend, Cal. To reward myself for the discomfort and wasted Saturday morning, I went to get an iced Easter cookie from Celebrity Bakery. A bit ironic, isn't it??

No comments: