While we were away, our baby girl started clapping, pulling up to standing position, and throwing big girl tantrums! :) You sure do miss out on a lot in just a few days. I cannot describe how good it was to see her though. The last hour of our car ride I could've jumped out the truck going 75 mph and ran home faster. We did make it and I am thankful to Tootsie and Mamie for taking good care of my girl! She was happy as could be and was very plump and loved when we returned.
Oh the beauty of the mountains! God does reveal himself through His creation. All I could do was praise Him as I skiied down the mountain. We had such a good time with our sweet friends, Robert and Kelley Conrad. There are not many people you can travel with for 12 straight hours in a car and still like each other. We laughed and talked and ate and skiied and hiked.... Oh, it was glorious! Coby and I like to consider ourselves pretty decent skiers. We can hang with the best on the blues and then venture off every now and then on some blacks and even go pretty fast at times (maybe a little out of control, but fast nonetheless). We like to ski. The Conrads snowboard. So we decided to be a little adventurous and take advantage of Robert's offer to teach us. Hard, hard, hard!!! Every muscle in my body hurt. I banged my head numerous times and thought I might have a concussion just from getting off of the lift and falling. Y'all, it is not really a hard fall from the lift. But it sure did hurt. I laughed hysterically when Coby fell off the lift and I didn't. Can somebody say Pride? But God humbled me quickly. Snowboarding is for those who have not had a baby in the last year and who have worked out at least 5 times within the past 2 years. I think next time I'll prepare more and take on this adventure. I think I liked it.
We also did some hiking. I asked Robert and Coby how high they think we hiked to avoid exaggerating what I thought looked like a colossal mountain. 3,000 feet was the reply from both. So I will minimize a bit to keep from lying and say at least 2,500 feet. It took us an hour and half to hike up and back down again. What a view! I've never seen anthing like it. Once again, God's glory was revealed. I could hear the mountains shouting, "Majesty!" to the Lord. Or it seemed as if they should anyway. Although, I periodically looked over my shoulders for bears and mountain lions it was worth the effort and fear. I hiked a mountain. Or at least a very big rocky hill.
Some things I am thankful for...
-safe travel
-protection for Ava
-my mom and mother-in-law
-seeing winter one last time before spring appears
-the man who taught me how to get off of the lift in my new blades
-Kelley's chili (she has a secret recipe so don't ask)
-our men who took care of us in the scary wilderness at night
-a fire in the fireplace
-the brook outside of our room that lulled me to sleep
-Norah Jones cd that we listened to while we cooked
-Junior Mints
-coffee in the morning with French Vanilla creamer
-the whipped cream that they sprayed on top of our hot chocolate at the Lodge
-clean bathrooms at the Hungry Logger
-no tv
-no bear sighttings while we hiked
-the full moon in a dark Colorado sky that just barely showed off the snow capped mountains in the distance
-God's Word early in the morning while overlooking the mountains
-getting away with my man once again and loving it all the more!
Here a few pics. I depended on Kelley to take most since she is the skilled photographer. I'll add more when I get them.
Coby and Robert are standing over the brook trying to find enough reception to listen to the b-ball game.

1 comment:
I'm so glad you and Coby had such a wonderful time in Colorado and have now made it back safely! I know that Tootsie had a wonderful time with Ava! Can't wait to see you all again on Saturday :)
Post a Comment