Thursday, September 10, 2009

True Love

Today my Cora Beth is 3 weeks old. I was so worried about how hard having 3 girlies might be that I couldn't have even imagined how joyful this time in our lives would be. It hasn't even really been that hard. But the love that has filled our home has amazed me.

Cora had a run with acid reflux and now that the medicine has started working we are all much happier. Coby and I have had our share of sleepless nights, but all is well now. I wake up with Cora about every 3 hours to nurse and then she goes right back to sleep. She is still sleeping in our room right now, sometimes in the pack n play and sometimes in the baby papasan chair. She gets plenty of love from her two older sisters. At her 2 week appt. she had gained a pound and a half. She weighed 8lbs. 4 oz. at birth and had dropped to 7 lb. 7 oz. At her 2 week appt. she weighed 8 lbs. 12 oz. Woo hoo!! All that time spent at the billirubin clinic with the lactation consultant paid off!! Cora made her first trip to Target this week! Well, I made my first trip to Target this week with all 3 girls. We just needed to get out of the house and all 3 girls did great! It may have taken us a bit of time to get there after getting dressed, diapers changed, me dressed, Cora nursed and loaded up in the car but it was nice to get out. Don't worry, we all sanitized ourselves when we got back in the car!


Isn't she adorable??

Papa and Nana came in town last weekend to meet Miss Cora and see the other chickadees. Not only did they play with the girls, but the cooked, cleaned and basically just took care of us. We did not want them to leave! They also bought Ava and Sophia their first Build a Bears. The girls love their new friends, Puddle and Toot!




Papa and Sophia



Papa, Nana and the girls
My pictures posted backwards. Two weekend ago, Coby and I took the girls down to the pond to feed the girls. When Sophia was feeding the ducks, she fell face forward - straight legged into the pond. All you could see was the back of her head. I screamed louder than I have ever screamed before and I believe Sophia did too! Coby rescued her and all was well after she got some much needed comforting. I made Coby get wet and dirty while holding her b/c he was the one who told me not too worry that she was so close that she would not fall in. :0 Now she will not go too close to the water. Sophia is already becoming the funny middle child. She keeps us laughing all day.
After pic

Before pic - look at her pretty outfit! It got so dirty!
I probably shouldn't post this pic, but Ava is determined to nurse Cora. She keeps saying, "I want her to eat from me!" So cute! She even has on my nursing cover.
The girls first day of CLC. Even though Sophia screamed really loud and mommy cried when she went to her class, they both love it! Cora and I love our alone time together as well! Ava was playing school yesterday and she was heard telling her make believe class that this was "God's Holy Word!"
We are getting on a schedule and I am becoming more selfless. With each baby, more of my sin nature surfaces. I am so thankful for how God is refining me through this time. My perspective is changing as well as my priorities. God first, Coby second, girls 3rd. I am a servant of the Most High King and I will serve Him in my home with these 4 blessings that I dont' deserve. It is a wild but wonderful ride!










8 comments:

Sophie Belle's Mom said...

Sally, I love to read your posts, as much for the pictures of your gorgeous girls as for your perspective on balancing life with all of them and keeping priorities as they should be: God, husband, children. You inspire me!

Olson Family said...

you are one blessed momma! I almost didn't recognize sweet sophia...she looks so much older and more and more like Ava!

Chad & Amy said...

You have such beautiful girls. I'm sure it will be a crazy ride:)
Thanks for the perspective!

Jenna said...

Your girlies are so blessed to have you for their momma! Loved reading your post Sally. The photo of Ava trying to nurse Cora made me laugh! :)

The Drama Mama said...

I SO enjoyed this post. You have the most beautiful family, Sally! And Ava trying to nurse is precious...Alexie did the same thing when Kylie was born. Much love & many HUGS, friend!

The Cobbs said...

Loved your update:) You're an encouragement for sure! We need to come see you all soon!

The Drama Mama said...

I can't remember if I already left a comment about this or not, but if you want me to update your blog design EMAIL ME...I'd LOVE to do it for your precious fam!

Michelle said...

Glad to hear everything is going well. Your family is beautiful!