My honey and I traveled to the great sunny state of California for a little vacation! It wasn't all that sunny, but it was beautiful. Coby and I packed close to 5 books each and immediately dove in as soon as we fastened our seatbelts on the plane. We were so exhiliarated at the thought of NO RESPONSIBILITIES FOR DAYS!!!! Yahoooo!!! We found a diamond in the rough at Half Moon Bay. This is a quaint little town about 20 minutes south of San Francisco. We stayed in a precious inn for 2 nights and actually should have stayed there the entire time. Our room had a jetted jacuzzi, king size bed, fireplace, and opened to the active ocean. We fell asleep each night listening to the waves. We woke up early to run along the shore, ate an amazing gourmet breakfast with coffee, and studied our Bible while listening to the waves some more. Oh the bliss!!! I was so beside myself! The first morning we were there, I was drinking my coffee studying Psalm 89. That just so happened to be where I was in my reading plan. This is what v. 9 says, "You rule over the surging sea; when its waves mount up, you still them." Today I studied Psalm 104 and it says, "He set the earth on its foundations; it can never be moved. You covered it with the deep as with a garment; the waters stood above the mountains. But at your rebuke the waters fled, at the sound of your thunder they took to flight; they flowed over the mountains, they went down into the valleys, to the place you assigned for them. You set a boundary they cannot cross; never again will they cover the earth....The birds of the air nest by the waters,; they sing among the branches. He waters the mountains from his upper chambers; He makes grass grow for the cattle and plants for man to cultivate - bringing forth food from the earth; " I could go on and on, but truly I saw God's glory in his creation. Ps. 19: 1 says that God's glory shines through his creation and Ps 19:7-10 says that God is revealed through His word. Both were so true to me on this trip. We traveled down south to Monterey and enjoyed some time at Cannery Row and then traveled along the infamous 17 mile scenic route that drives through the Pebble Beach Links. Coby was beside himself at this point. He got some good pics! After a few relaxing, slow moving days at Half Moon Bay, we made the drive in to explore the city. First stop... Golden Gate Bridge. Just as pretty as you might imagine. We continued our adventure to explore Muir Woods. Ancient Redwood trees towering over the earth. Pictures don't do this majestic landscape any justice. We stayed at an amazing hotel, Westin St. Francis, right there in Union Square. We couldn't have gotten more citified than this! While we enjoyed this stay and all the city had to offer, our hearts were still back at our little Cypress Inn. We shopped, walked, ate, hung out at Pier 39 which is the Fisherman's Wharf ( a must see in San Francisco). We also walked down the crookedest street in the world, Lombard street, ate a brownie hot fudge sundae at the Ghirardelli Factory. We enjoyed the city but we also saw things we wish we hadn't seen. We had some extremely funny situations happen, however, I'm not going to share b/c I'm pretty sure I shouldn't have laughed. Okay, a man dressed as a bush/tree jumping out scaring people. I mean, women were screaming at the unsuspecting bush. This is such a long post... One more thing, no two... The time away for my hubby and I was priceless. We realize how much of a routine we get in with the two girlies. It was needed. We actually got to talk and laugh and enjoy our friendship and marriage. Also, I realized that while I always thought I was more of a city girl, I am not. The nature (mountains, ocean, flowers, trees, etc) were what got to me. I fell in love once again with the natural beauty that surrounds us on this planet. I enjoyed the quiet, the stillness, the peace, the outdoorsy adventure. I even admitted to my hubby while in the Orvis store (yes, there was an Orvis store off of Union Square... unbelievable) that someday maybe, just maybe he might can purchase some fly fishing clothes for me. And that is a strong MAYBE! The second thing - I read the most amazing book I think I have ever read and it TRULY, TRULY has changed my life, perspective, my prayers... The Autobiography of George Mueller. It may seem old fashioned and maybe I am. Maybe I am more of a simpleton than I thought. Or maybe there is a peace we can all have in not wanting... in giving in to the Lord's way of living, His cause, His plans, His ways. It is a book about the mixture of faith, prayer, and contentment. And I am the better for having a glimpse into this soldier for Christ's life. Oh to be godly and content at the same time as 1 Tim 6 says. How far I have to go!!! One more thing, thanks to Mamie, Tootsie and Pop. As always, you make our lives easy and you bless us!
redwood trees at Muir Woods

Lombard Street (look at all of those hydrangeas!)

I thought this looked like parts of Greece


Alcatraz

scenic drive to Monterrey

Golden Gate Bridge

beautiful view off of the bridge

Bridge (it was foggy mornings and night, but cleared during the middle of the day)

tree hugging Sally at Muir Woods

Lighthouse on the drive to Monterrey

Surging Sea

3 Lamborghinis & Coby at the Fisherman's Wharf in Monterrey

Pebble Beach Links

Look at the birds lined up in a row

9 comments:
How beautiful Sally!! I am so glad you had such a wonderful trip. David and I went to San Fran and Carmel on our honeymoon...we love it there! Did you change your email? It was returned to me, just wanted to let you know that our blog address changed: davidandhollyplus3.blogspot.com so you can change it on your links. Also- could take our last name off and just say David and Holly? Thank you!!! Let's get together soon!
Looks like a great trip!
Wow, that makes me want to go on vacation!
We LOVE San Francisco...looks like y'all had so much fun! Much love!
Amazing! I am tempted to book a flight for the two of us tonight! :)
Wow those pictures are great...I'm glad yall got to get away for a few days! Looks like such a great place to visit!
I've only been to Cali once, when my brother got married. His wife is from Carmel.... beautiful. I was only in Monterey and Carmel, both beautiful and great weather.... much better than Texas in August! Sounds like it was a great trip. :)
Next year you will have to come to Paris!
You are right, I have always thought SF reminded me of Greece...FYI it looks a little like Marseille, France as well.
Sally,
what a beautiful and refreshing trip! I'm so glad the two of you were able to spend that time together.. so needed!
We miss you and love you!!
Post a Comment