Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Seriously Y'all!?!

It is with great humility that I write my next post. I so proudly posted my previous title 1-0. And not even that I won the match, I won it 6-3 6-0. I was feeling good! Now I shall change that score to 1-1. Y'all, I got my booty kicked last night! I have no other words to describe it. Ya know how I talked of near hyperventilation before my first match?? Well, last night I almost began hyperventilating during the game. She literally aced me for an entire game. That means I never returned her serve for one whole game. If you know anything about tennis, whoever wins 6 games wins the set and the winner wins 2 out of 3 sets for a match. Well, an entire game....ace, ace, ace, ace..... At one point, I just stood there and let her hit her balls on past me. I couldn't even return them. Some would hit before me and fly over my head and some would bounce up barely enough to hit. IT WAS CRAZY!!!!! This girl was even text messaging someone in between games. That really made me feel like a loser. She told me later that her husband was going to cook dinner so she was texting him about when she would be home so he could start. Crazy thing, she texted him during the first set!!!!!! I am thankful for one thing.... that I did not play her first. Another thing I am thankful for, I burned 500 calories. And that is it. I will try to forget everything about last night so I can focus on my game next Tuesday without having an inferiority complex. :0 Humble pie, anyone???

5 comments:

The Drama Mama said...

SALLY!!! I love your honesty! Is it bad that I was laughing so hard while reading is....ONLY because I could see me standing there doing the same thing! And, that's not even right about the whole texting thing! :)

Thanks for sharing! I wish I could say my tennis phase lasted as long as yours...good for you for doing it and having fun! Keep the updates coming.

The Henrie Family said...

I'm so proud of you for playing and getting a part of your life back. It's hard to find that part after kiddos. I love your new blog design!

holly said...

You are always a WINNER in my book, Sally Allen!

Chad & Amy said...

Way ta go Sally! I just excited that you're playing and having fun. What a way to interact with a lost world.
-Chad

robert and kelley said...

ok serena! dont beat yourself up too bad it was just one match! you will get out there and once again be victorious!!
love you tons!
venus